Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions for All Equestrian Activities at Slades Farm
- Horse riding is a risk sport and handling and riding horses can be potentially dangerous and cause injury and/or damage to persons and property. Any person using Slades Farm’s equestrian facilities accepts that risk and agrees that Slades Farm will not be liable for any injury or damage caused to any rider, spectator, helper or other persons or property as a result of their riding at Slades Farm, or the neighbouring Wintershall Estate.
- All riders must wear the appropriate safety gear, which at the very least includes a quality assured marked riding hat and heeled boots. For more information on the quality assurance required, please look at the current BHS Approvals Hat Guide https://www.bhs.org.uk/advice-and-information/safety-advice-and-information/what-to-wear/headwear
- Bookings are accepted on the basis that riders do not suffer from any illness or disability which could prejudice their safety on horseback.
- Upon booking, ALL riders must complete a disclosure statement BEFORE participating in any events, training or treks at Slades Farm. This can be completed online at the time of booking, or will be available on site upon arrival.
- All dogs are to be kept on a lead at all times. Dogs may not accompany treks.
- Slades Farm will not be responsible for the loss, theft and/or damage of any persons personal items during the use of the the equestrian facilities at Slades Farm. The security and safety of such belongings are the sole responsibility of the client or person using the facility.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Slades Farm, Slades Farm will not be liable to any person for any injury sustained while using its equestrian facilities.
- Any children using the Slades Farm equestrian facility are the sole responsibility of the accompanying adult. There is a lot of water around the house. PLEASE BE AWARE of this.
- Slades Farm reserves the right to cancel a booking for any reason at any time. In such instance, any monies paid will be refunded in full in the manner in which it was originally paid.
- In the event that the person making the booking has to cancel, a refund will only be made if the cancellation is made at least 48 hours prior to the start of the booking. In the event that a cancellation is made within 48 hours, no refund will be paid but Slades Farm may agree to transfer the booking to another date. This is to be at their sole discretion.
- Slades Farm takes great care to ensure that all of its horses are well trained and reliable, but they are hired to the rider with the clear understanding that the rider rides entirely at their own risk.
- All riders must fill in an assessment form before they ride. It is essential that the rider is honest about their riding ability and weight for their own safety. Slades Farm reserves the right to assess each riders level of riding prior to a trek. The assessment form, which also includes a disclosure statement, must be signed by the rider prior to participating in a trek.
- In the event that a rider is considered by Slades Farm not to be at the level of riding as indicated on the assessment form, Slades Farm reserves the right to disallow that rider to commence and/or continue with a trek. In this instance, the rider will be offered an alternative trek suitable to their abilities which may be on a different date and no refund will be available.
- Determining the level of experience and/or ability of a rider is at the sole discretion of Slades Farm.
- We have a minimum of 2 riders per trek and a maximum of 4. It may be necessary at times to join other riders to treks that have already been booked. In such circumstances, Slades Farm will endeavour to ensure the riders are of a similar ability.
- All riders are to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to their trek so that all administration and safety inductions and assessments can be completed prior to the commencement of the trek.
- Hats can be hired by the client at a cost of £5 per hat (cash only to be paid on the day). It is the clients responsibility to check the safety standard and fit of that hat.
- In the unlikely event that a trek does not start on time due to the fault of Slades Farm, the trek will still run for the full 2 hours from the time the trek eventually commences. If, however, the trek starts later than the allotted time due to the fault of the clients, then the trek will finish at the original allocated time.
- During a ride, riders must respect the instructions of the trek guide; they know their horses and aim to keep both the riders and the horses safe. In the event that a rider does not listen to a guide’s instructions, Slades Farm reserves the right to stop the trek immediately and return to the yard. In such circumstances, Slades Farm will not be liable to refund any monies to the rider who was not following instructions.
- All riders must be booked and paid for in full prior to the trek, preferably via the Slades Farm website.
- Treks go out in all weather conditions, rain or shine. Treks will only be cancelled due to bad weather if Slades Farm considers it is unsafe to proceed.
- Children must be over 8 years of age and must be accompanied by an adult at all times. In some circumstances, younger children might be permitted but this is at the sole discretion of Slades Farm.
- All treks are subject to availability and will run from February to September in each calendar year.
- In addition to a safety hat and heeled boots, All riders using the cross-country jumps MUST also wear a body protector.
- Riders must always have a responsible adult with them who can help from the ground should this become necessary.
- The jumps are flagged. Riders MUST make sure they jump the fence the correct way.
- No more than 4 horses are allowed on the course at any one time, unless the horses are attending a clinic or pony/riding club rally.
- If a rider and/or horse falls or injures themselves, this MUST be recorded in the accident book which can be found in the plastic box in the carpark.
- Please report any accidents requiring urgent medical attention to Slades Farm immediately in person. The office can be found in the bran in the farmyard.
Accommodation Terms & Conditions
- There is a strict NO SMOKING policy at Slades Farm.
- Please NO dogs.
- Your children are your responsibility at all times and therefore MUST be accompanied at all times. There is a lot of water around the house. PLEASE BE AWARE of this.
- Check-in time for the accommodation is 2 pm and check-out time is 11 am.
- A full refund will be made from a cancellation 2 months in advance of your booking date.
- A 50% refund for a four week cancellation in advance.
- Thereafter there will be no refund.
Breakages/Damage to Property
- There will be charges for anything that is broken or damaged during your stay at Slades Farm.
- Goodwood Events – Festival of Speed, Glorious Goodwood, Goodwood Revival Meeting.
- Epsom Derby.
- Wimbledon (2nd Week).